Tuesday, February 16, 2010

a tribute to my matric friends

why am i having dreams about my matrics friends last nite?took a nap,and i dreamt about them.gosh....maybe im missing them too much.hehe.so maybe i'll update my blog about them,coz i dont have any idea what to write now.ok,here goes..

1. Ravishanker Degarajan
yeah,the one on the right is him.my best friend,my best bro.and yes,he's an Indian.but i dont find any fault there.one thing i've learnt is that once you get to know an Indian,no matter guy or girl,you will realise that they are humorously sarcastic and entertaining.Previously before I entered matrics,i was never close to any Indians.but in matrics,this is the first indian guy i befriended and we are bros till now.Why are we looking at our differences when we can see our similarities?sure,both of us are from different races and religion,but we're still the bestest of friends.thats what other people cant understand.they always,always see the fault.i dont care.once i have a friend,i dont care about his skin color,or his accent,or anything.thats me.
anyway,back to the real thing.Ravishanker Degarajan.An indian guy with a very fit body.i've seen him doing push-ups with one hand.me?...dont ask.he's damn strong,both physically and mentally.he's smart too,but i always top him in exams.bwahaha.but i know he's smarter than me.i just...know.and he's also one of the guys that i can tolerate with whenever he says 'fuck' to me or show me the middle finger.its like,i learnt all the bad things from him,really.but he's still 10 times better AND worse than me.he's got a brother,and he told me that his brother is a 100 times worse than him,so that makes his brother...ummmm...i dont know,1000 times worse than me,i guess.maybe even worse.haha.but despite the bad guy that he is,he is still the one that helped me a lot during tough times.i wont tell you what kind of tough times they were,but he's there along with some other indian guys.but he's the one i will search first.when i was bored or having a problem,i would just hang out in his room and he would treat me marukus,which i thoroughly enjoyed.sometimes we also study together and sometimes i would help him in his studies.he can catch up real fast when it comes to studies.its just a matter whether he wants to study or not.i dont know,i just respect him too much,i guess.but i dont regret that.not now,not ever.i can still remember the first time we met,and he said he wanted to punch my face for commenting on his performance in class.but we became best buddies after that.teehee.oh yeah,and i can assure you that no guy can match up to him.your boyfriend,your man,anyone.seriously,bring me any guy and i will bring ravi.maybe im exaggerating.then again,maybe im not.
oh man...haha.and by the way,the picture of us up there?that was taken at Kampar when i met up with him while on the way to KL.yes,i actually took the time to stop at Kampar just to meet him.here's to our brotherhood,man.glad to have met ya.

2. Mahesa Sankarra
yes,he's a year older than me.yes,he is a smoker.yes,he is an Indian.but then,he is still my bro.among all my other bros.the name is Mahesa Sankara,also known as Mahesa Lordpanda,Mahesa Jules,and what not.he's a guy that can crack up jokes even during the worst of times.he's the guy that can cheer me up by telling jokes,no matter how dirty.haha.we are guys,what do you expect?the way he uses words to make it into a funny sentence or quote is unmatchable,for me ,that is.i remember once i went to his room,and he along with some other Indian guys were watching a Tamil movie.the girl in the movie was kidnapped and she asked some water from her kidnapper since she was thirsty.then mahesa turned to me and asked,"Syafiq,why did she ask for water?" I didnt answer.instead,i laughed like a maniac.Mahesa asked again,"woi,why did u laugh la,fucker?Why did she ask for water?"i laughed again,non-stop.even i dont know why i laughed.maybe im so used to him making jokes and craps,that i laughed even when he was not making a joke.mahesa's not as aggressive as ravi,but i can still depend on him from time to time.
during the sem break last year,i met up with him at Midvalley while i was in Kl.it was a short reunion,by the way.but it was worthwhile.and we took the picture i posted up there.

3. Hemms Waran
this,this is my third bro.and he's a smoker.and he's indian.and he's a joker.see what i mean?its not because i know how to befriend these guys.no,no.its because i want to.
Hemms is a tall guy,and he's just like Mahesa.he knows how to crack up jokes.he knows how to inspire someone.
case in point:

Me: Dude,i dont know how to talk with girls laa..
Hemms: All you have to do is initiate the conversation.
Me: sigh...
Hemms: Take this cigarette as an example.to smoke it,you have to ignite it.thats the initiation.to initiate it,you have to have a lighter.so,the lighter is you,the cigarette is the girl,and the flame is the conversation.the smoke is the product.and by the time the flame burns the whole cigarette,the conversation is over.get what i mean?
Me: uhhh...

but deep down,i know he's a good guy.in terms of friendship,i mean.skipping classes and creating chaos are a norm for him.and he doesn't give a damn to all the goody two shoes out there.and his room is a mess.its like a place where a demonic ritual took place.seriously.but it was there i learnt about russell peters,because he and mahesa introduced me to the video.

Aaaahhh...the old times.

The picture above was taken in matrics,where he suddenly came and sat next to me and chatted a nice,long chat.

4. Suthashini Balakrishnan

Her T-shirt says everything.But i would argue about the "cute" part.
.....actually,this totally defies my first sentence,doesnt it?haha.sutha,if you are reading this,please dont spam my wall.haha.
anyway,like what i said previously,indian guys and girls are humorously sarcastic.and this girl,is the most sarcastic of the lot.ouch....i looked like a hobo next to her.i mean,just look at me.there i was,wearing a white t-shirt that makes me look fatter along with pants that were really out of place during that time.uggghhh...
anyway,she's a smart girl,both in studies and in real life.i was not really that close to her in matrics,but since she is someone that i can constantly spam her wall with my snide comments and everything,i guess that makes her a very nice friend of mine.haha.what a way to consider someone as a friend.
honestly,sutha,you look attractive and all,but its hard to resist joining the groups you've joined and spamming your wall.its like drugs,only much better.
she's the kind of cheerful girl that you dont want to mess around with.i guess if she's eating in front of me and i messed around with her at that moment,i think she'll just stab the spoon and fork into my forehead and leave me there.this is what i meant by the phrase "girls are scary when they get mad".
Haha.but still,you're a good friend.hope to meet up with you someday during the holidays.

5. Yeong Jin Yuan
ok,so this is the first chinese friend in my entry.Yeong Jin Yuan,or better known as Yeong.
the thing about chinese guys is they are easy to get along with once you are close to them.and i mean it.dont have any negative thoughts about them.see,the problem with us malays is we always see the bad things in other people.sometimes,i do too.but i always try to fight that feeling.and thats how i ended up with a whole lot of chinese buddies during matrics.i dont care what religion he follows.i dont mind that he's chinese.he's a good friend,and that's what matters.and we are brothers,no matter what.
this guy is from SMJK Sam Tet in Perak.i got to know him during the start of the second semester.On the first day itself,we were talking like we knew each other for a long time already.thats kind of an achievement for me,i guess.i mean,i never expected to be such close friends with a chinese friend from the get-go.not that its a bad thing,of course.then we became closer and closer.he's also one of the guys that i can tolerate whenever he says "fuck" to me or shows me the middle finger.i visited his room,and he visited mine.we are mutual friends,that i can conclude.
one thing about him is that he's a very clever guy.and thats how i scored my quizzes,by copying him.haha.but hey,i scored the finals by my own,so you cant say anything about it,can you,buddy?haha.no offence,man.
and thanks for inviting me to your birthday party,too.i was kinda suprised when im the only malay guy there,but dont take it as a bad thing.i was suprised,and flattered.haha.i really appreciated the fact that we met again at queensbay just before i entered USM.really glad meeting you.though,I am sorry that i couldnt find the time to meet you again during CNY.hopefully some other time,man.thanks for becoming my pal.

6. Paul Leong Weng Kit
hey,paul,dude,sorry i cant find a picture of me alone with you.so i took this pic as a tribute.haha.but hey,its better than nothing,right?
one thing i gotta say about you,pal,is that you're a nice guy.i mean,as in,nice,but not ideally nice.haha.dont take it to heart,my man.we are bastards,and we will always be.
anyway,i got to know Paul during sem 2.he's a friend of Yeong,and in the same lecture with me.and i gotta say,i got along with you very well,even though we cussed each other from time to time.This guy is also from SMJK Sam Tet.so its natural for him and Yeong to be close.but then,its also easy for me to get along with you guys,as if we already knew each other all along.
Paul,i still remember our heart-to-heart talk the night before we went to KL for the Upin Ipin thingy.I appreciated it,dude,although the venue of our dialogue was not quite ideal.and i still remember the trip to KL.the agonizing trip,to be exact.in which i had a damn painful stomach ache and you were sitting beside me,telling me to hold it in and helping me all the way.ugggghhh,that painful memory,but thanks nonetheless.you're a loyal friend,dude.i know that.and thanks for calling me that day,asking me to man up and face all my fears.when its time for me to get an advice from a chinese guy,i'll go to either you or yeong.and by the way,all the best for your dentistry profession! ;)

7. Khit Kar Yee
Last,but not least,is Kar Yee.the second girl in my post.A chinese girl,to be exact.ummm,to say that we are close friends is actually not true.we were not actually that close during matrics.sometimes,we hardly spoke.haha.but i started to chat with her after matrics and i found that she's an easy-going girl....or guy.this is a gender bender problem.should i call u bro,or sis?
haha.i'll go for sis when it comes to appearance,but i'll go for bro when it comes to personality.also from SMJK Sam Tet,she is a friend of Yeong and Paul.another attractive girl,but also the dont-mess-around-with-me-if-you-dont-want-your-ass-handed-to-you type.a little exaggerating,you ask?well,simply because she's a black belt,but i dont really remember what level.haha.i simply love to annoy her when it comes to facebook.i also enjoy chatting with her as well,maybe because i want to annoy her.haha.i cant really speak much of you,because i dont really know you that well.but just know that you're one of my good friends and that is why i love to annoy you.no offense,dude,so dont crack my head open k?by the way,this picture was taken on the last day of class,just before study week.Kar Yee,be my valentine!!haha.just kidding.by the way,you dyed your nails black recently,dont ya?eeeesshh...hahaha

and now,all of us are heading our own ways.
Yeong in UNIMAS,doing medic
Paul in UKM,doing dentistry
Kar Yee in UM,doing actuarial science
Ravi in UNIMAP,doing engineering
Mahesa in UPM,doing computer science,i guess
Hemms in UMP,doing chemical engineering
Sutha in UMS,doing medic
and me,in USM,undertaking pharmacy

hope we meet together again,guys.here's a pic or two for our memories


Sutha was not in the above photo coz she was camera shy.wahaha

adieu

2 comments:

  1. duhhh i got no image edi -.-" im looking tat annoy-able??

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha.sure la.its fun to haf fun wit you.wahaha

    ReplyDelete

Nak komen?