Saturday, January 30, 2010

okay.i guess i can update my blog by telling you about what has been going on this week.

27th jan 2010:

Dosage Form lab
FINALLY!FINALLY!Its the moment I've been waiting for!!!The first practical that we're gonna do in the dosage form lab.i entered the lab with confidence and excitement,seeing this as an oppoturnity to make my own medicines.I entered the lab,and...........

Quiz?.......Im f**ked...

Ok,so the first half of the quiz wasnt too bad at all.in fact,it was a breeze.for me,that is.coz the first half of the quiz was all about conversions.basically,if you know your basics,you can do it well.
The second half of the quiz?Well,its about Latin abbreviations.Since I only memorised the Latin abbreviations that start with the letter "A" along with its meaning and nothing else,you be the judge on how I did on the quiz.Oh well,hope I passed the quiz,at least.I have yet to know my score,coz I deliberately "forgot" to ask Dr Yvonne about it.

Ok,Ok,back to the main topic.

So basically we have to make our own drugs.4 of them,to be exact.The type of drugs we are supposed to make are liniment,elixir,inhalation,and ear drops,with the latter being an examporaneous(look,i don't know how to spell this crap,ok?) experiment.

Started with the elixir-making procedure.To sum it up,my table was a mess by the time I finished with it.But it was a success,I guess.Orange-colored elixir as a result.Then,I continued with the inhalation drug.It gave out a smell that could make your eyes water.However,the liniment drug made up for it by giving out a very sweet smell.Well,it is soap anyway.Moving on to the ear drop preparation,which was quite easy,by the way.I finished very early.I finished first,in fact.Haha.Was a success,the whole thing.So,in short,I was happy with it and went back to my room.

29th Jan 2010:

Pharmacology lab
Yay!!!I've been looking forward to this lab also,coz we're gonna be injecting mice,or mencit,as said by Dr Abbas.I purposely didnt read the lab manual coz I guess the lecturer will most likely demonstrate us on how to do it.Right?Right?.i entered the lab with confidence and excitement,seeing this as an oppoturnity to experiment drugs on mice.I entered the lab,and...........

Quiz?..............Im f**ked...

So basically the quiz asked us on the experiment procedures.Dont even ask me how I answered the questions.Was crap...

A little something here that I have been wondering before the experiment started :

What if,a long time ago,the late Mr Walt decided to name the most iconic Disney character Mickey Rat?Children's dreams will be smashed to find out the most lovable character in their life being a stinky,smelly,sewer rat.If that happens,I guess Disneyland will be less 1 castle by now

Ok,Ok,back to the main topic.

So basically we have to inject 5 mice with the same drug,Pentobarbitone(in which i will address it as baby after this,makes things easier),at different parts of the body.See,the objective is we have to find out the effect baby has on the body(eg:time the baby takes to make the mice become drowsy and fall down) depending on the type of administration route,such as mouth,tail,and skin(Hey,im not gonna write peritonial and whatnot here.lets use the simple2 words,ok?).

Well,it won't be an experiment without any sacrifices,right?

1st mencit :
Me: Desmond,you inject baby while i hold the mencit!
Desmond: Ok,you hold it tight!dont let it move too much
Me: Dude,im ready.inject now
Desmond: ok,here goes....ookay..hey wait,shit,its moving!Its sucking on the thing.Ah,shit!!
Me: Woi!!don push it too hard.hey,its moving!let go of the thing so we can drug you!!Oh................its mouth is bleeding.desmond,stop!!!!
mencit: *Choke**choke*dies....
me and desmond: ...................................................

2nd,3rd,and 4th mice were not much of a problem.the 5th mencit was crap

5th mencit:
me: ok,i've put it in the tube already.andrew,inject
andrew: ok,here goes....oh,i injected the tail,not the vein.oh well,lets try it on the next mencit.this one's a failure.
7 mice later...
me: screw this shit....
andrew: well,at least we managed to administer the drug into the vein for this last one
me: still,screw this.
some girls : aaaahhhh!!!aaaahhhh!!!!catch it!!!oh,its entering my sleeve!!!!aaaahhhh!!!!

X)

30th Jan 2010

dev invited me to accompany him to gurney drive to watch the Thaipusam festival.oh well,since i haven't hang out with him for quite a while,i just said okay.he also invited two of his coursemates.a johor girl whom she told me to address her as Yaya,and a japanese guy named Yosuke Nimura.Both are 23 and 25 years old respectively.
we went to the sg dua bus stop and waited for about 45 minutes for the bus.the journey there already took 2 hours (no) thanks to the jam-packed road.hunger and thirst became the bane of our life during that moment.
we reached there around 9 pm.basically we looked for food,but none caught our eye.then we saw a booth giving out food FOR FREE!(i just uppercased them to make them look edgy and controversial).I took the food and......oh,just vege.no meat.just vege..
vege
vege
vege
vege
im telling you,never,never,in my life had i eaten rice with only vege and no meat.well....what do you expect from a thaipusam festival?we sat on the roadside and dug into our food.
Suprise,suprise!!!it was damn nice!the texture of the rice was so soft..the taste of the gravy and vege,very nice!!i asked for seconds.yup,seriously...
we walked along the road ,into the sea of indian people.
now,before you think of me as one kind,let me remind you:
1)I am in no friggin way involved in the worshipping of the gods or entering the temple.i was just walking along the road where the stalls were set up,although from there you can witness the indian people piercing themselves with the thingy parading along the road
2)I wasnt drunk or anything.
it was literally a sea of people.sweat,bodies,everywhere.and people were dancing everywhere.im betting you anything that they were drunk at that moment.its obvious
im gonna skip right to the end where i witnessed a fight,and i as like,standing in the middle of it.
three guys were ganging up on this one guy.it wasnt a fair fight,since the 3 guys were using pocket knife and sticks.the guy who was beaten up bled and fought back.they were all drunk,i guess.the thing is,i was standing too close to them and being the guy who dont want to get involved in anymore fights,i turned and walked away slowly.i didnt run because i dont want to get panicky.
aiseh...its a religious festival,so dont fight laa okay?
so i got back to usm at 2 am and here i am,writing this post,after a hectic,but fun,week
looking forward to kung fu night next saturday.but,till then.have to catch up on my studies.
adieu.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nak komen?