Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A Stupid Dream

I had a dream last night. Although it was just some stupid dream, I felt like it was real. So real, I thought I really died.

So,here's what I dreamt. I know, why should I even bother writing it in my blog, since its not even real? Well, I don't know. Just for fun, I guess.

All the pharmacy students in USM, including me, were on a trip to Puerto Rico. Now, I don't know how Puerto Rico really looks like, but that was what my mind registered in my dream. The place we were heading, with all the canyons and rivers, was Puerto Rico. We were on the airplane when we saw the scenery. The airplane was landing and the scenery kept getting more and more beautiful. Ammar was sitting next to me. I said a little something to him but I couldn't remember what it was. What I did remember was his expression. Sombre. Like he knew that this trip was going to turn bad. All the other pharmacy students were enjoying the flight though. Little did we know that this trip is going to be a nightmare.

Once we landed, all of us took a bus to a rural area. A village, surrounded by tall trees, sparkling rivers, and mud-filled earth. The villagers, however, were kinda quiet. They did offer us a place to stay, all the while staring at us, with a grim expression, like we were terrorists or something.

I got into my room, kept all my belongings and stuff. I knew the others were in their rooms too, since I can hear them talking. The walls were not that thick, see. After a while, I decided to take a walk. I noticed one of the villagers eyeing a crow that just landed on the ground, scraping it. Without warning, the villager leapt towards the crow, caught it, and ate it. He was devouring it, like no one else's business. I got scared and ran back to my room, without him or anyone else noticing, of course. What is this place, I asked myself. The expression the villager had while he was eating the defenseless bird, it was like he was possessed. Eyes bulging, veins showing. I have to warn all my friends about this!

I waited a while before I got out of my room again. I noticed one of my friends walking towards one of the villager's house, probably wanting to ask him or her some questions. The door was opened, and without warning, there was gunshot. Two of them. The bullets went right through my friend's body. He dropped dead, just like any fella who's been shot would. There they were, the ones responsible for shooting my friend, laughing their heads off. A man and a woman. The man was shirtless, holding a bottle of tequila in one hand, and a double-barreled shotgun in the other. God knows how he fired a shot with just one hand. The woman was wearing tattered clothes, blood and dirt smeared all over it. She, too, was holding a double-barreled shotgun, but with no bottle of whatsoever in the other hand. The man continued laughing, drinking and finishing the tequila while he was at it. His face was bloated and bluish. The woman looked normal, but her cackling was enough to qualify her as mad as her husband was. My friend's body was still lying there, blood dripping. The couple dragged the body into their house while I thought to myself, "This is not good". I started to run away when another gunshot went straight pass me. "God damn it, they noticed me!"

I was already far away from them. Far enough to avoid any gunshot from a shotgun. That did not guarantee me safety though. What is happening, I asked myself. What is going on in this village? Why were we given a trip here? How the hell am I going to get out of here? Did Ammar knew this was going to happen? In a dream where you never realised that its a dream, those answers can never be found.

I met one of my friend and told him what happened. He was shocked, of course. Just then, another villager jumped out in front of us with a machete. He slashed my friend and turned towards me. I panicked and ran away.

The whole village was in utter chaos now all of a sudden. The sky grew dark and every house was lit on fire. Its like the villagers were trying to kill each and every one of us while we're still sleeping. Some of the students managed to escape. The others, not so lucky. Students were fleeing everywhere. Running, with no sense of direction whatsoever. Running with only the urge to escape, survive, and live. Blood spattered everywhere. Screams filled the air. Some were shot, some were thrusted upon with any weapon that has a sharp edge.

I managed to gather some of my friends and planned our escape. I don't remember what actually happened, but we got out of the village. Only then I noticed that one of my friends wasn't there. I took out my phone and dialed her number. Funny how Maxis managed to work in P.Rico. A voice answered the phone. I yelled out her name although I know my voice could be heard. "Where are you?", I shouted, many times, fearing the worst. It was not long before I saw her. I felt so relieved, but not for long. A crazed villager appeared from behind my friend, holding a weapon. Now, I didn't know what kind of weapon he was holding, but I'm pretty sure it was a type of gun. That's because I took the shot. A crack of gunshot, and I fell down, between my friend and the villager. The scenery went red, only its not a the kind of red people would be interested in. Just before I fell, the villager took out a bottle of tequila and downed it.

I woke up after that. I blew out a sigh of relief, knowing that it was all just a dream. But I thought of something. Something that we all know about, but too foolish to realise it before its too late. Something that I just couldn't explain, about friends, and death.

Well, that's my dream, people. Judge me however you want, its still just a stupid dream of mine and I'm just writing it all down on my blog, in whatever way I remember it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Nak komen?